Coriander / Chinese Parsley

Chinese Parsley
Coriander looks just like Chinese Parsley. If you observed carefully, coriander are usually in smaller plants. They taste quite about the same though I still prefer the taste of coriander. I will buy chinese parsley only when I cannot get coriander. Funny how, in NTUC I can only find Chinese Parsley and in Shenshiong, I can only find coriander.
Coriander or chinese parsley are herbs that is very useful for garnish.
A few chopped stems will clear the fishy taste of a fish soup and make our home cooked soup taste just like those famous hawker stall fish soup. I will also use it for our easy home cooked fish ball soup and steam fish etc.
Herbs are very expensive vegetables.
A lot of "aunties" do not know that these vegetables are costly. My sis always relate to me about how these "aunties" would abuse her by snapping a bunch of coriander or spring onions as a demanded free gift from her after buying some vegetables from her. Just imagine, at 90cents we can get a bunch of kang kong to feed 2 to 4 person. This small little bunch cost $1 to $1.20 and can only be used as garnish for 2 to 3 days. Thereafter, may turn yellow. Think about it, which is more expensive?
I am still thinking of ways on how to preserve these expensive herbs so as not not waste them. 

Comments

Popular Posts