Korean Chives and Squid Pancake



Korean Chives and Squid Pancake
Have a packet of chives and in my refrigerator and was thinking how to clear them. Decided to make Korean pancake since we have not eaten this dish for quite some time. We are fans of Kimchi Pancake but due to my allergies, I cannot use Kimchi case it contain shrimps. So I search several website on how to make vegetables, seafood and Kimchi pancake and ended up with my own recipe.  

Ingredients for Chives, Squid Pancake.
I used -
100 gram of chives (chopped)
3 small squid (chopped)
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
2 tablespoon of plain flour
1 tablespoon of potato flour 
1 egg
3 table spoon of water
0.5 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of Korean Chilli flakes
0.5 tablespoon of sesame oil
Mix all together
Pancake needs to fry with a little more oil so that the side will be crispy.
Medium heat at a start to cook them and high heat in the end to have a crispy sides.
Potato flour is for crispy pancake. So plain flour can be used if we do not have potato flour, but we cannot expect crispy pancake. 
All of us love this dish. Especially when I cannot eat Kimchi, the chilli flakes inside this recipe provide some kimchi food comfort for me. Will add more chilli flakes for my next try for a more spicy punch. 

Comments

Popular Posts