My 1st Thermal Pot - 5 Liter no brand

The first one was a no brand 5 liter pot purchased 9 years ago. This was the 1st investment I made to boil soup when my Mother in law was terribly ill and the maid do not know how to cook. I opted for a cheaper pot as I do not know if it is really a good idea to cook this way. Using that pot, I need to leave the soup to simmer for at least 30 mins (so that soup will taste better), transfer to outer pot and leave it there until I got back from work at 8pm. The meat will be tender and the whole family can enjoy a good pot of soup. It was a miracle for me. 
At that moment, I have not notice that a real good pot would not require me to boil the soup in the inner pot for such a long time for the meat to tender, but still, it was good enough for me.
There is a upper tier for this model. I understand it can be used to steam food while cooking our soup. I have not tried it. I used it to keep dry food warm above the soup.




Comments

Popular Posts