Banana Cake using butter.

 

Banana cake.
My family is a fan of banana cakes. Usually, I bake them using vegetable oil. Recently PS a friend baked a banana cake and let us try. It was very delicious. So I asked her for the recipe. To my suprise, the cake was baked using butter instead of vegetable oil. My hubby dislike butter, anything contains butter, he will not eat. I followed the recipe and bake this cake with butter. Without telling my hubby, he ate this cake and said it was delicious. At that time, I did not write down any notes or took any pictures. So, today (after 6 months) I decided to try again and write down the baking notes.
This time, I told my hubby that I used butter to bake this cake. Told him he tried before and he said it was delicious. He looked and me as if I am lying to him. Well, he ate and again, said it is delicious. So, this cake recipe is worth sharing.

Banana cake using this recipe from Rasa Malaysia - or link below.
https://rasamalaysia.com/banana-cake/#mv-creation-77.
PS told me she used 75% of the sugar in this recipe and I followed.
I followed exactly the steps mentioned in this recipe on my first try. Today, I was quite lazy. So I used the recipe (with reduced sugar) and bake my own way.
The cake turned out well and delicious. Sharing this recipe and steps of baking below.

Ingredients required.
400 grams of overipe bananas.
6 large eggs.
150 grams of powdered sugar.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
200 grams of butter, melted.
240 grams self raising flour.
1.5 teaspoon baking powder.

I used 60g eggs. Recipe uses 200 grams of sugar, but I used 150 grams as recommended by my friend PS and it tasted just right. 

Lets start baking !!!


Step 1. Prepare the baking pans.
I used 2 x 7 inches round tins and 1 rectangle 8 x 3.5 inches tin today.
Line the bakin tins with parchment paper.

Set oven to pre-heat at 180 degrees celsius.

Step 2. Mashed the bananas using a fork.
I prefer to leave lumps so that I can eat the chunks of banana in the cake. 
When banana is overripe, we will be able to smell its sweetnees while mashing them.

Step 3. Sift the dry ingredients.
240 grams self raising flour.
1.5 teaspoon baking powder.

Step 4. Placed 6 eggs and 150 grams of powdered sugar in the mixing bowl.
Using the mixer whisk, stir the sugar and eggs to ensure they are incorporated.
Beat at slow speed for about 1 minute, then at high speed until the mixture turns pale yellow. 
I took less than 2 minutes for my eggs and sugar to turned pale yellow.
I am using the Kenwood Major mixer.


Step 5. Stir in mashed bananas. Do it lightly, I used the hand whisk to stir in the bananas. Took me two rounds of stiring will do.


Step 6. I used the whisk to help me fold the flour and butter.
Fold in the flour into 3 parts and butter into 2 parts.
1st fold - 1/3 flour and 1/2 melted butter.
2nd fold - 1/3 flour.
3rd fold - balance of flour and melted butter.

Step 7. Pour into the baking pans and baked at 180 degrees celsius for 35 to 40 minutes.

Cool the cake before cutting them.
Enjoy.

I will be trying to bake again using normal sugar and mius the baking powder since we are using self-raising flour. Will also adjust the baking temperature.  Shall update again. when it is done.


Comments

Popular Posts