Fried Bean Curd (Tao Kua)

 

Fried Bean Curd.
This is a very simple dish but yet, we can experience different taste when served to us.
My hubby ever asked me why the Fried Bean Curd cooked by my MIL helper was not as nice as the one I fried. Basically, she may have fried longer with a stronger fire that resulted to a dry bean curd.
We prefer our bean curd fried with a fragrant outer skin with smooth and juicy texture intact with the bean curd. How do I achieve it? Let check it out.
  1. Know your supplier. Bean curd need to be fresh and made with the soy flavour. If you every bought a bean curd that do not taste good, change your supplier.
  2. The bean curd is the firm bean curd. Not the super soft tofu which is meant for soup.
  3. Wash the bean curd. Drain. Cut them into smaller sizes for easy frying.
  4. Oil should be heated and maintained at between high and medium fire. 
  5. I like to place a ginger into the oil before I fry the bean curd. Someone told me this will help to prevent the bean curd from sticking onto the wok. It worked for me.
  6. I basically fry 1.5 min for each side and it is done.
  7. Drain away excess oil and the juicy fried bean curd is done.
  8. Side note : Some people like to place salt to prevent bean curd from sticking onto the wok. But I do not want to end up with salted bean curd. This is why I am substituting ginger for it.




Comments

Popular Posts