Sauce for Japanese Braise Vegetables


CHIRASHI-SUSHI by Kimono Mum
I chanced upon this recipe when searching for Sushi mix. Ended trying it out and it is just awesome that I need to record it down for my future reference and sharing with my friends.

This sauce can be used to braise vegetables Japanese way with authentic Jap flavour. I used this vegetable stew sauce to prepare Chirashi rice and the vegetables taste just like those food we ate in Japanese Restaurant.

The ingredients are simple.
3 Tablespoon of sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 Tablespoon of mirin
5 Tablespoon of Soy sauce (I used Chinese soy sauce)
Tips – 
I just followed the recipe to prepare the sauce. Then just add to my vegetables mixtures (with water for boiling) up to my own salty preference level. 

The rest I kept it in the refrigerator for future use. So convenient.

My first try
I used this sauce to braised Japanese Yam, Shitake mushroom and carrot for my Chirashi rice. Everyone agrees it taste just like those…. Japanese food.

Check out here on how I used this sauce to cook Braised Japanese Vegetables.


Comments

Popular Posts