Side Dish - Japanese Pickled Cucumber

 

What we want to achieve is a light crunchy cucumber with a little salty taste after squeezing out so much water from 1 cucumber.
I pick up this recipe by watching Kimono Mum cooking for Onigiri.
The cucumber was so crunchy and yummy that I made one more batch the next day for my left over Charashi Rice from the day before.
The steps to making this side dish is simple.
  1. Wash and scrub the cucumber skin to ensure it is safe to eat the skin.
  2. Cut into thin slices.
  3. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
  4. Leave it one side. When you can see that water seems to seeps out of the cucumber, it is ready to be squeeze.
  5. Squeeze out the water and the cucumber is ready to be eaten as it is.
On my 1st try for this cucumber, I used it as a topping for my Charashi Sushi. The next day, I started craving for it again. So I decided to make another batch for my Onigiri using my left over rice from my Charashi Sushi Rice. (Picture below)
Both dishes are all my 1st try and all tasted really delicious.

May not be nicely shaped but never mind, it tasted delicious.



Comments

Popular Posts